nothingtodoboard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4,000 Cash Prize Rough Touch Tourney

4 posters

Go down

4,000 Cash Prize Rough Touch Tourney Empty 4,000 Cash Prize Rough Touch Tourney

Post  JOHNPORT Mon May 18, 2009 7:54 am

Hi Guys,

My name is John Port, I am a Bonner Grad, and played football in the delco area. Myself, Tom Fitti, and Jim Corkery are opening a football academy in delaware county, and our first event is a fundraiser. It will be a 4,000.00 Cash Prize Rough Touch Tourney. I want the teams in the tourney to be involoved and be as satisfied as possible when all is said and done. As of right now we are looking at 8 on 8 style. with rules very similar to your league. You can block, and it will be rough touch, not one hand. Officials will call them as they see them. Team costs will be 80.00 a player, and 850.00 a team, as many players as you want. Try not to blow us up with 50 players on a team, because the fee includes t-shirt jerseys. A lot of teams are working with bars or sponsors to back them. The feedback we are getting on that, is that a lot of bars are backing all 850, and making sure they have a say in who is on the team so they get their cash back. They are also requesting that the team come back after the game for an after party. Also some bars are offering to pay half and split the pot with the team, or just get their money back. These guys all want to sponsor, and if you can gaurantee them business after the game they will be all in. Negotiate with them. You can do whatever you want, and you can have whoever you want on your team. As of right now it looks like we will have some sort of trophy-money presentation at the winning teams location unless it is too far from the host spot.

This is a fundraiser for our new company the GridironFootballAcademy which will help train young football players in the area.

Here are some of the other rules below.

QB Flag in the pocket only
One first down midfield
2 Game Elimination in the AM Bracket
Win and Stay in in the PM Bracket
1Point Conversion from the 2
2 point from the 10
Looking at 2 O Line

THE EVENT WILL BE HELD ON JUNE 13 @ Archbishop Caroll High School
Deadline for registration is May 29th.

PLEASE CONTACT ME BELOW
Comments suggestions and questions are welcome. Email me at c21jport@hotmail.com or 215.852.8689

JOHNPORT

Back to top Go down

4,000 Cash Prize Rough Touch Tourney Empty Re: 4,000 Cash Prize Rough Touch Tourney

Post  Ivy33 Mon May 18, 2009 8:02 am

"Officials will call them as they see them." I sure hope you're not using the blurry eyed officals from our league!
Ivy33
Ivy33

Back to top Go down

4,000 Cash Prize Rough Touch Tourney Empty Re: 4,000 Cash Prize Rough Touch Tourney

Post  SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN Tue May 19, 2009 2:17 pm

I thought of a decent idea...unless the teams from our league planned on joining this tourny with their original teams...maybe put together an all-star team with the players from our league? We have a decent amount of talent in this league and I think it would be a tough team to beat if an all-star team was created. Get 15-20 guys from teams around the league and go out there and make some money...

THOUGHTS???
SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN
SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyalWolverine Wed May 20, 2009 3:45 pm

good idea ant. Go to the games next weekend and get the idea out there.
RoyalWolverine
RoyalWolverine

Back to top Go down

Post  SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN Thu May 21, 2009 6:55 am

Yeah ill definitely be at the games...ill probably still be on crutches tho so i cant really like walk around and tell people lol.
SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN
SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum