nothingtodoboard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would they be?

+6
7DOLANS7
beastmode007
SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN
jls81
Ivy33
RoyalWolverine
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who would they be? Empty Who would they be?

Post  RoyalWolverine Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:44 am

If there had to be a league MVP, who would it be?

If we chose a best QB? best o-line? best WR? Best Defender? Best DL? WHo would they be??
RoyalWolverine
RoyalWolverine

Back to top Go down

Who would they be? Empty Re: Who would they be?

Post  Ivy33 Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:07 am

There is NO doubt that Anthony, the QB from Ivy Inn would deserve the MVP. The best O-Line goes out to the boys from Cawley's. Thats my opinion.
Ivy33
Ivy33

Back to top Go down

Who would they be? Empty NOT SO FAST!!!!

Post  jls81 Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:38 pm

My qb(OUTLAWS) hasn't even thrown an interception(except on xtra pt conversions) And we're the highest scoring team on both sides of the ball. I think we deserve alittle credit here boys.
jls81
jls81

Back to top Go down

Post  SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:47 am

-Thanks Ivy33!!

-I Agree with the Linemen!

-MVP could easily go to George too, Cawleys QB.

-I somewhat agree with you JLS, it could definitely go to your QB just based off the fact you's are undefeated. The interception thing is real good and all but MVP doesnt go to the best stats...its Most Valuable to YOUR team, Which is probably your QB so no reason ur guys QB shouldnt get it!
SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN
SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN

Back to top Go down

Post  beastmode007 Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:59 pm

ok lets see best o line is cawleys and George was hands down mvp last year and his skills have not dropped. outlaws qb has a cannon and is a playmaker and def has his name up there, and b mullin from bustys is killing it. best d lineman, joe bolen from bustys. best wideouts? 10 from cawleys, dude that wears backwards hat on johnny b's, and 81 on outlaws, plus number 2 from top 5. handsdown best hair goes to the dude on jp projects. best mlb BIG WILL and the fastest person is Goerge for cawleys and Dante DeSantis from bustys plus the qb on IVY is elusive. any one else have feed back?
beastmode007
beastmode007

Back to top Go down

Who would they be? Empty Feedback

Post  jls81 Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:18 am

George from Cawley's is a stud QB---no doubt. D-lineman from Busty's--i agree is a BEAST. I have to agree my wideouts are no joke, love the hair(lol). Wideout from Johny B's has got wheels and we would have loved to play against him but he wasn't there when we played em. Now as far as most valuable to your team--stats don't tell everything but, again withot being bias my QB has 38td passes 0picks(xtra points excluded)and there is still 2 reg. season games left. Which also means he hasn't even put our defense in bad field position thus making it possible for us to give up 43pts all year and 19 of that was scored by CAWLEY'S. And regardless of how good our receivers are he still has to get them the ball. But it all means nothing if a team doesn't win the championship so we will have to wait and see.
jls81
jls81

Back to top Go down

Post  7DOLANS7 Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:42 pm

This probably will be hard to understand since not from a very good team but as far as D line i would say #420 from Dolans. Gets 2 or 3 a game with the exception of the game against the outlaws cause he missed that game.

7DOLANS7

Back to top Go down

Post  beastmode007 Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:02 pm

ok i can see that... outlaws qb should get the mvp!!! but that achievement is a vote throughout the league!!! so i say we should ask people even the refs to put a name or number on paper to see who should get it. what do you guys think?? "only players can vote" or just ask team cap whatever you guys want to do!!!! fair is fair!!! o yeah #420 hes good!! n ivy your number 6 on my list!!!! i hope that makes you guys happy!!!
beastmode007
beastmode007

Back to top Go down

Who would they be? Empty Good Idea

Post  jls81 Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:39 am

Let the refs have some input, they probably has the most non-bias opinion anyway. Combine that with team captains could probably work, so you already know where my vote is up to this point. But we'll have to see, teams have 2,3,4 and maybe 5 games left...long way to go
jls81
jls81

Back to top Go down

Post  beastmode007 Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:55 pm

good then we agree but we need to agree on who we think the mvp candidates are!! i think your qb outlaws, cawleys qb George, B mullin bustys qb n how about idk someone else!!!! what do you think?? we could do this at the end of the season in two weeks or after the champ game!!!!
beastmode007
beastmode007

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyalWolverine Tue May 05, 2009 2:18 pm

Best QB - George Caroulis (Cawley's)
Best WR - Eric Ruffenach (Johnny B's)
Best O-Line - Cawley's
Best D-Line - Busty's
Best DB - Brooks (Cawley's)

League MVP - This is tough... George is a beast, Fagnani is def his team's mvp, if they didn't have him they wouldn't win a game, Outlaw's QB is efficient.
I'm going to have to say...... idfk
RoyalWolverine
RoyalWolverine

Back to top Go down

Who would they be? Empty Who Would they be?

Post  LMR04 Tue May 05, 2009 8:44 pm

I don't agree with your assessment of the IVY INN there wolverine..... Ivy beat your team (Cawley's) last year (the champions) and lost to the other finalist (Busty's) in OT without Fagnanni as our QB (he played DB) so I really don't know what you are talking about.... I'm pretty sure you were at the game.... So please don't talk sh!t about a whole team without getting your facts straight.
As for the best at each position-

Best QB- George or Mullin
WR- Dante Desantis from Busty's or Tony Gardler from the Outlaws (Gardler only played WR half the year but he's a beast)
O-Line- I'll give Cawleys the nod as a tandem but I think the Outlaws are a close second with Schneider who IMO is the best Lineman in the league
D-Line- It is definitley Ruffenach from Johnny B's, he's only played there three weeks but I think he has about 20 sacks. He cannot be blocked one on one even against the best o line in the league (he was all over George in the Cawleys game)
DBack= I think its Lavoy from Ivy-

As for MVP I will go with Fagnanni. He is always the best athlete on the field when he's out there. He can play anywhere on the field. QB/WR/DB even lineman. Against Johnny B's he came in on D for the final drive when we needed a goal line stop and batted down a pass as a lineman and then covered their best WR- Kolhoff and held him without a catch (on that drive) and then led us down the field for the winning TD in OT. He is definitely the MVP in my mind... I think George, Mullin and Sean Gardler are all great but I think the most valuable to his team is Fagnanni.

LMR04

Back to top Go down

Who would they be? Empty Who Would They Be??

Post  jls81 Tue May 05, 2009 11:43 pm

Without bias--you can say any qb is mvp of their team. But i don't think that makes anyone mvp of a league. Obviously none if our teams would be in the positions we are in without qb's or their top player. So if you put that aside---look at what players do week in and week out--what player has put the team in position to win and gone out there and won. That's how i would judge a mvp.
jls81
jls81

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyalWolverine Wed May 06, 2009 1:05 pm

That's exactly what o-line is... a tandem. There can't be just one best o-lineman. It would go by a team's o-line.

Schneider is a bear, that's a fact.

As far as us losing to Ivy last year, you gotta keep in mind words said in that statement... "Last Year!" Now that being said...THIS YEAR, Ivy wouldn't win a game without Fagnani as QB.

You can't say soneone's the best at a position if he only played there 2 or 3 games.

I think it's bullshit that teams bring guys onto their team just to play in a game. I know some guys I've gone against arn't even on the team they're playing on but play that game bc the team is short guys(Not that they'd have to forfeit, just missing not enough to get a break). I see that as a bullshit advantage because that gives guys rest by having a guy in the crowd come in and play. Not that the guys was better than me and beating me, just the fact that I could cheat and bring random guys on the team so I could get a rest, but I don't bc thats cheap as shit. Does anyone else seeing what I'm seeing? Not even that I need a break or anything but damn, kinda cheating i'd think.
RoyalWolverine
RoyalWolverine

Back to top Go down

Who would they be? Empty Guilty as charged

Post  jls81 Wed May 06, 2009 5:29 pm

I played a game for Dolan's. But part of that was because we had a forfeit win cause PJ Henry's didn't show and i felt like i woke up at 8a.m. for nothing. I figured since Dolan's was long out of the playoffs it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Plus they agreed to forfeit against IVY INN b4 the start of the game anyway. I had to do something with my wasted day.(lol) I've been in the league for 2 yrs and from what i see, this is a problem at the end of the year with teams that are already eliminated from the playoffs. One way to possibly eliminate that is maybe to FINE the team for each game. Then if they don't pay, they can take their team and play elsewhere the following year. Or something along those lines. And sorry to the league for bringing in a player for the last three games. I didn't know he had to play in four games(1 game short) he was in another league but was on my original roster. He wasn't a starter, he played when other guys couldn't make it and he rotated with our offense. So i was told he wasn't eligible for the playoffs so i guess that's that.
jls81
jls81

Back to top Go down

Post  hart54 Wed May 06, 2009 7:13 pm

Another way would be to just let everyone in the playoffs.

I don't think people are going to care if they are being fined...And who is really going to pay a fine??

hart54

Back to top Go down

Who would they be? Empty It just ain't right

Post  RoyalWolverine Thu May 07, 2009 8:51 am

It's a problem not just for teams that are out of the playoffs. Top seeded teams have done it. Just kinda annoying that's all.
J/w but has Schneider been in the league all year? Or did he play his first game vs Cawley's? I remember someone from Outlaws asking for a waiver for some new guy on their team and it was b4 that game. Not sayin you guys (outlaws) cheated that day, you's beat us fair and square but im just curious.
RoyalWolverine
RoyalWolverine

Back to top Go down

Who would they be? Empty It just ain't right

Post  jls81 Thu May 07, 2009 11:29 am

No, it was the guy i was just talking about in the last message i posted. He's a receiver/db(He was the shorter guy wearing#13 when we played you guys). He was on my original roster but didn't finish playing in his other league till we played you guys. That was why i needed the waiver. Like i said, he played in the last 3 games but i didn't know you had to play in 4. So somebody said something about after our last game and i told him he couldn't play. He only started if other guys didn't show up for us. We weren't trying to pull one over on you guys, we want to win on lose our games fair and square. If anything, it hurt us playing him against u guys cause you're to good of a team to try and shove someone in the middle of our offense. I don't really see the difference between 3 games or 4 but the rule is the rule(even though it wasn't explained to me that way when i asked at the beginning of the year) so i guess we gotta move on. No big deal
jls81
jls81

Back to top Go down

Who would they be? Empty HART54

Post  jls81 Thu May 07, 2009 11:47 am

I hear what your sayin hart54. If those teams that pull that shit(not showin up) get fined and don't pay, then it's a good thing cause them u tell them to pull that shit in some other league. Then worst case scenario you get rid of a team that isn't worthy of being in the league anyway. As far as letting everyone in the playoffs...It makes the regular season worthless and you still have those same teams that aren't good enough and don't show up. Example---wouldn't your team be pissed if you lose a close game to a top caliber team and then you find out 15minutes later some bum team moves on to the next round because another bum team didn't show? To me that would suck.
jls81
jls81

Back to top Go down

Post  hart54 Thu May 07, 2009 12:24 pm

My opinion, This is what I think we should do to prevent what is going on.

The entry fees for the league are 1000 right now. I think we should put them up to 2000, and

If your team makes every single game, and does not forfeit one game, then you get your 1000 back at the end of the year.

If one game gets forfeited by a team, then that extra 1000 goes into a pool for the upkeep of the league.

hart54

Back to top Go down

Post  SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN Thu May 07, 2009 2:59 pm

i like that...but i think champions should get that money
SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN
SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN

Back to top Go down

Who would they be? Empty Not a bad idea

Post  jls81 Thu May 07, 2009 6:02 pm

So what your saying is on top of the money that is left over,(Ant said there is usually around 12 to 1300) that the team that wins it all gets that plus any forfeit money? If that's the case i think that would be pretty cool and maybe if there is enough in there the runner-up should get something too. Maybe like a 75/25 split??
jls81
jls81

Back to top Go down

Post  SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN Fri May 08, 2009 6:46 am

Yeah i like that....I didnt know winner of the league gets money already...?
SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN
SHOWTIME_3_IVY_INN

Back to top Go down

Post  BMullen(CAWLEYS) Fri May 08, 2009 11:12 am

i think a 500 deposit is more reasonable....pj henrys bitched out on the outlaws and cuddys d hill flaked on us big time, if we see cuddys next year were blowing them out of the water.
BMullen(CAWLEYS)
BMullen(CAWLEYS)

Back to top Go down

Who would they be? Empty $$$$

Post  jls81 Fri May 08, 2009 12:24 pm

Yeah, our team suggested that at the league meeting and everyone thought that it was a good idea.(Basically winner gets to choose what to do with the $$ instead of a end of year party) I'm pretty sure we all agreed on that.
jls81
jls81

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum